Steam Chicken with Green Onion
1 whole Chicken
1/2 cups shredded green onion
1/3 cup shredded young ginger
5 T. oil
2 green onions
3 slices ginger
1 T. salt
1-1/2 T. wine
1. Crush Green onion and ginger with a flat knife, put bowl with wine and salt, mix well.
2. Clean and rub chicken with marinade, inside and out. Let it sit for about 1/2 hour but not over 2 hours
3. Place bowl of chicken and marinade in boiling steamer to steam over high heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Turn off heat and remove the chicken after 15 minutes. Cut the chicken into 1" wide, 2" long pieces, lay on platter in a chicken shape. Sprinkle shredded green onion and ginger on top.
5. Heat oil in frying pan, sprinkle over the chicken dish and drain. Repeat the process but this time do not drain the from the dish, serve.