Almond Jelly Chinese Style
1/3 oz. Agar-Agar or 2 envelope of unflavored gelatin
5 cups cold water
2 T. sugar
3 T. milk
4 T. almond syrup or 2 t. almond extract
4 cups cold water
1 can fruit cocktail (or diced fresh fruits)
1. After cleaning the agar-agar with water squeeze and place in a deep pan, cook with 5 cups cold water about 15 minutes over medium heat.
2. Add 2 T. sugar to the agar-agar. When sugar is blended, strain into a big bowl.
3. Add milk and 2 T. almond syrup (or 1 t. almond extract) stir briskly until thoroughly mixed. Let cool and remove to refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm.
4. Remove Jelly from ref and cut into small pieces. then place in a soup bowl or individual bowl.
5. Place put on top of almond jelly pour over the cold water and splash remaining syrup or extract. serve