Petite Pies ProvencaleIngredients:
1 onion sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 c. cooking oil
5 medium tomatoes, cut in wedges
3 large potato, sliced
1 small eggplant, diced
1 green pepper, sliced
15 okra, sliced
1 T. salt
1/2 t. oregano
1/2 t. pepper
6 bread shells*
24 slice bread, trimmed
2 T. water
1/2 c. melted butter
1. Cook onion and garlic in cooking oil until lightly browned. Add remaining vegetables and seasonings.
2.Stir, cook, and cover over in low heat for 30mins. Stirring frequently.
3. Uncover and simmer for 30 mins. longer.
4. Prepare bread shells**; fill with vegetable mixture.
5. Decorate as desired with bread cut outs. served hot.
**how to prepare bread shell
1. Flatten bread slices with rolling pin.
2.Piece 4 slices together in each of six 5" pie pans. forming a shell.
3.Brush edges with water, overlap and seal well.Trim
4. Brush with melted butter.
5. Bake 30-40 mins at 350F or until crisp and golden brown.